The Concours Detail
An assessment is done using variations of different light colours to ensure every imperfection is identified. If necessary the vehicle is raised on a lift for final finishing on lower panels.
Then the whole car is prepared for paint correction, this includes cleaning the wheels from to back along with the exhaust and the sills. A thorough clay bar treatment is carried out and then the car is dried ready to be masked up to protect all the trims and delicate areas.
This service can take between 3 & 6 days.
This leaves the car as close to free of scratches, stains, pig tails, marring as it can and enhances/restores the original finish, in a lot of cases the car is better than when new!
Once the paint correction is complete it is time for the paint protection. As standard we finish the paint work, glass & wheels in a premium Sealant generally Gyeon DuraFlex or Getchniq CSL & Exo.
This service can wow even the most picky enthusiasts.
We release the car back to you with a fully assessment report showing you the cars journey during its time with us.
Here is just a few steps taken whilst carrying out this Concours Detail:
- A Full Assessment of paint readings and vehicle history
- Thorough pre-clean using the latest snow foams and pre-wash treatments
- Iron fragment removal using Iron remover on wheels and paintwork
- Once safe clean is complete the car is brought into the unit for towel and airdry
- Further decontamination removal by clay bar and tar removal products is carried out
- Car is masked up protecting all susceptible areas
- Each panel is checked and then circled for defects with a paint safe pen
- Deepest defects are removed first
- Then multiple stages of machine polishing are carried out
- Finally the surface is refinish to a high gloss
- Then a ceramic Primer is applied to seal the surface and prepare it for a coating
- Once this is cured multiple coats of the either Gyeon Duraflex or Gtechniq Serum are applied and then cured with infrared inline with recommended install guidelines
- Then the wheels are treated and baked
- The glass then also has a similar treatment
- Exhausts are coated
- Trims are coated
- Door Shuts are coated
- Finally the interior is protected
- After curing over night final checks are carried out before hand over
- Report is completed
From £900 – £1500.00
• Gyeon Duraflex – 5 Year Warranty from £699.99
• Gtechniq C1 or Crystal Serum Light + Exo – from £699.99
• Jetseal Protection Package from £150.00
• Gtechiniq seasonal sealant: 6-12 months protection – half day service: from £199.99
Why Choose Cambridge Concours
What our customers say about us
‘First class service from my first phone call to completion of the Detail, couldn’t recommend highly enough’.